Internet broadband connetion sharing

Closed
guru - Feb 4, 2009 at 11:10 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 4, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Hello,
sir i wan to share my bsnl broad band with two pc's..if i use router will it be possible.i went through your answers for smilar question.but i din't get to what is ethernet card.so pls explain it clearly how to share the network..if we make one pc as server do we need to keep it on all the time, in order to use the clients..please exolain step by step.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 4, 2009 at 11:26 PM
If you have a router then you don't need a server. You need one Ethernet card in each computer. You connect the Broadband cable to the router and a cable from each computer to the router.

The second option is "internet sharing" that is build into Windows XP. That option uses two Ethernet cards in a "server" PC - one connected to the broadband and one connected by cable to a Ethernet card in the second computer. This option requires the "server" PC to be operating to transfer the internet signal to the other PC.

The above is possible only if bsnl allows you to connect a router. Your local computer shop should know what is possible on tlhe bsnl network.

This is a link to a site with more networking information;

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-set-up-a-network-4097198