Closed
sushil kumar verma - Feb 23, 2012 at 02:03 AM
 Nene - Dec 17, 2013 at 04:07 AM
Hello,
I have my PC with Configuration
Processor : p4
Motherboard : Intel
Ram 256MB
Whenever i Switch On or Power ON my Computer, It boots and Displays Intel Pentium 4 (as usual) and after 2/3 minutes it automatically shut down and again when i starts or Power on my PC, it starts and shut down automatically after 2/3 minutes.
Please tell me what may be the problem and how to rectify it
Regards
sushil

1 response

Bionik Posts 4234 Registration date Thursday August 19, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen August 3, 2016
Feb 23, 2012 at 05:14 AM
Hi

One of the first suggestions is to make sure the air vents to the central unit are clean and clear of dust and fluff as dust/fluff can cause excess heat, which then leads to components overheating and random shutdowns.

With the computer off either blow out the vents with canned air or use a vaccum cleaner to suck out the fluff, do have it on a lower setting.
If the problem still exists, try that:

Try to remove your power cord and hold the On button for like 30 seconds to 1 minute and then connect it back and turn on to see if the problem persists.

Good Luck!
I'm facing exactly the same problem. The PC shuts down suddenly (sometime, even before booting) and then it doesn't start unless I take the power cord off from CPU and plug it in again after few seconds. This is going on since last 15 days. What could be the problem and what can be done to avoid it?