Verizon to Fairpoint DSL Internet Connection

Closed
Sandra - Feb 3, 2009 at 08:36 PM
 Rich - Jun 27, 2010 at 07:07 AM
Hello,
I am a Verizon DSL customer and will be switched to FairPoint the week of February 1.

I do have one concern. As a Verizon customer, when I boot up my computer, Verizon software is engaged that establishes an automatic connection which is "up" very shortly after boot up. I receive a popup message saying "You are now connected to Verizon Online". Then I'm able to click on my IE icon and away I go.

How can I establish a connection without the Verizon software? I've tried to disable the software; tried to get it not to engage at boot up; I've tried to make a new connection - CONNECT USING A BROADBAND CONNECTION THAT IS ALWAYS ON; but have had no luck. I'm concerned that since I'm no longer a Verizon customer, my Verizon connection will be lost at some point.

I'm wondering if Verizon's software is overriding everything I'm trying to do - but I'm extremely reluctant to remove the software and then have NO access to the internet.

I've tried to contact Verizon and they refer me to Fairpoint...which puts me on hold if I ever get that far!

Anybody..please help! (I apologize for being quite so unsavvy!)
Thanks
Sandra

4 responses

FP Tech Support
Mar 4, 2009 at 01:21 AM
In the firmware of your modem change your un/pw changing @verizon.com to @myfairpoint.net using the same password and if you were migrated properly it will connect when you submit the change.
blueteeth Posts 8 Registration date Thursday January 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2009 3
Feb 4, 2009 at 01:25 AM
hi,
if so, i think you have no other option than to remove that software.
or you may chek the connection settings in the interfnet options.
you will find it in the control panel.
I have tried getting into the Westell Wirespeed modem with every ip address I could think of... Nothing even returned a ping. what is the ip address of the modem and/or how do you connect to it?

yours,
Chill Out , Dude !