Recherche
Ask a question Report

No sound on LCD tv with HDMI cable..Windows 7 [Solved/Closed]

joela63 - Latest answer on Jun 29, 2013 11:54AM
Hello, Have a Dell Inspiron N7110 Laptop, was having no problem using a HDMI cable to send what was on my laptop display to my TV. Video and Sound were working fine. Now i just started getting the video signal but no sound to tv. The sound comes out of my laptop but not the tv. Haven't made any changes to my tv or laptop recently.....what could be the problem? Appreciate any help i can get....
thanks,
Joel
Read more 
Answer
+219
moins plus
You need to check that the audio processor on the Video card is enabled. To get sound from the HDMI port you need this option.

Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on "Playback Devices" to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the "Playback" tab, select "Digital Output Device" or "HDMI" as the default device, click "Set Default" and click "OK" to save the changes. This method works with a straight HDMI-to-HDMI connection;

Read more: How to Get the Sound to Come Out of Your TV Using a Laptop With an HDMI Cable | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5840128_sound-using-laptop-hdmi-cable.html#ixzz1kgVwYG4B

Lebkuchen- Apr 29, 2013 02:58PM
I have the same problem with a slight difference, the HDMI button is already nicked and the icon shows sound coming out but there is no actual sound getting through the hdmi cable. its not a problem at the tv since if i connect the hdmi cable with a friends laptop the tv got the sound.
what should i do ? thx for your help
El Greco- May 17, 2013 03:55PM
If it shows that sound is coming out but in reality it isn't then you just have to right click the hdmi or tv icon, select properties, select levels tab and adjust the bar so you can hear it properly
jazzybear- May 18, 2013 07:44AM
i have the opion of clicking 'set default ' but windows wont let me click on it
Mannan- May 24, 2013 08:41AM
thank you
irichss- Jun 5, 2013 01:17AM
It works..very thanks u...internet is so so so usefyl
Answer
+61
moins plus
May I add to this thread how I solved my 'no sound issues' even after having everything the way it should be and seeing the volume bar flashing as if the sound should be working!! It drove me crazy for 3 days...sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't and after scouring forums and the like to find a solution I finally found a clue. I have a Acer aspire laptop and a toshiba LCD TV and what Ive found out is.....

MOST IMPORTANTLY!! have the laptop speakers switched on for laptop only as normal WITH HDMI DISCONNECTED FROM LAPTOP BUT IN TV!!

switch TV off then back on and make sure its on the correct HDMI channel

THEN put HDMI into laptop....

THEN change the playback device to the HDMI connection to your tv

Im not very techy but with what ive read its something to do with a 'handshake' between your tv and laptop , basically if they are not introduced in the correct freakin manner they turn their noses up at each other and refuse to co-operate with each other like a pair of a** holes!

I sincerely hope my experience can help at least one person because it drove me nuts!!

S- Jun 29, 2013 03:40AM
It worked!!!!!!!!! Tried everything else and this finally worked after months. Was about to buy a sound bar....Thanks!
ac3mark 3010Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ContributorStatus March 30, 2015Last seen - Jun 29, 2013 11:54AM
@scotia..you are correct. The real problem, is that HDMI is not a standard, so if you have a sony DVD and a Toshiba TV, they more than likley don't hold out the same "hand" for the handshake. When all the manufacturers decide on an actual standard, this type of "PICKY PLAY" will stop!
Answer
+42
moins plus
im havung same problem,i had sound through my hdmi when was watching film from my laptop to my big screen tv,but all of a sudden no sound now on my tv just on my laptop.i have not changed anything and if i put my hd lead into tv it does not go through and the sound still comes from laptop and it should be off on laptop and sound on tv,please help driving me mad.i can watch all sound ok its just when the hd lead is plugged into tv and laptop i does not go through for the sound just the picture please help.

Answer
+41
moins plus
I tried xpcman"s advice but I can not set my device (TV) as default. It reverts back to the PC's audio. Any other ideas?

This document entitled « No sound on LCD tv with HDMI cable..Windows 7 » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.