Windows XP on Acer doesnt boot up to desktop.

Closed
pinknblu - Dec 30, 2011 at 09:59 AM
Josh65 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2013 - Jan 27, 2013 at 08:11 PM
Hello,
I have an Acer 10.1 laptop. Upon starting up it appears okay when it get to the Windows XP screen...it shows the marker of booting up, (yellow dots like its booting up)...but doesn't go on forward to my desktop screen. Ive tried the safe mode, last working configuration, ctrl/alt/del....nothing WORKS!!! UGH!!! HELP PLEASE...thank-you. Oh by the when I went to safe mode....it just takes me to another screen--black says safe mode on top with what my system is...cant type anything either. AnnOyed...

Related:

3 responses

Oh I noticed to....before this happened I keep getting this small black screen box popping up on my computer upon booting up..I had thought it was the C++ system I had downloaded and 2 days ago decided to get rid of. Due to space...but realized I still saw the black box still had came up, after I had installed it. don't know if this was the indicator of things beginning to go bad....??? By the way my laptop still trying to boot up. I think to by accident I stop the installation of new updates, not sure. I was tired when I did it..I turn off my computer probably in the process of..not sure. UGH...help, somebody.
sorry--"uninstalled"....the C++ not installed.
Josh65 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 at 08:11 PM
i have the same problem on my Acer home computer. its really annoying.