ITunes cannot find my iTunes folder

Solved/Closed
Rupak - Feb 1, 2009 at 03:41 PM
 Shamrocky - Aug 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Hello,

I just bought the iPOD TOUCH.

I have iTunes 8X, but it won't open saying .. "The folder "i Tunes" cannot be found or created, and is required.
The default location for this folder is inside the "My Music" folder."

What should I do now?

Please advice
Related:

57 responses

WOW, I was going to return the iPOD for this problem I have and quit on Apple, but thank you for this simple solution. This was going to drive me crazy for the last couple of days. Thanks,
Fantastic answer! And amazing that it isn't on Apple's site or at least as readily found on Apple's site. What I found on their site is download MS Tweak UI and for XP only!! Duh... Thank You!
pres and hold
Jan 4, 2010 at 09:09 AM
press and hold shift and than run i tunes

it wil ask you to choose or remake a library

make sure the notification of " cannot find I tunes folder" is away (by clickin ok)
love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great...thx

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
spiderman2118
Feb 3, 2010 at 06:06 AM
I eventually was successful in resolving my dilemma by applying your advise to this problem and Viola it worked. But u must get rid of the warning box first before it worked. Thank u too.
0OMG I LOVE YOU!! OMG I LOVE YOU!!! OMG I LOVE YOU!!! OMG I LOVE YOU!!! OMG I LOVE YOU!!! OMG I LOVE YOU!!! OMG I LOVE YOU!!! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!
where is apple
Feb 10, 2010 at 05:27 PM
I'm wondering..... is reading this with pride? They can user interaction, but user guide? HELLO????
Worked first time, nice, thanks!
I Love Jesus 1966
Mar 1, 2010 at 09:24 PM
I am so glad that you are smart, it was driving me insane not being able to listen to my Skillet and Casting Crowns. Praise the lord for the internet.
Ok that was easy -- pressing the EASY button -- I wish I would have known this before in unistalled it!!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WAS ALSO A TERRIBLE HEADACHE AND APPLE'S SOLUTIONS JUST DID NOT WORK.
wow thanks! I though I was going to go crazy trying to figure this out!
I had the same problem as you guys and yes holding the shift key does work very nicely but after I fixed the Itunes problem I found I was having problems in other programes. I got an error that said "error 1606 can't find network 0 ". I found that a prog had changed all my settings for My Music, My Pics and My vids to 0 in the registry.
Itunes could not find the My Music folder because the default had been changed in the registry. I had to go into the registry and change all of them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
All the entries are "name of folder" REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\"name of folder"\"name of subfolder"
These were all set to 0 so I changed them to the above.
You can download a prog off Microsoft which will fix My Pictures but I had to change the others manually. The prog is Microsoft fixit 50356.msi.
Hope this isn't too confusing you can e-mail if you need help with it all.
I tried this out and it works very well. But the real problem is that my registry had been changed by a prog and it put 0's in all of my registry entries for my music my pictures and my videos.
Have to use reg edit and change the entries back.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
Change entries from 0 to REG_EXPND_SZ %USERPROFILE&\My Documents\My Music.
Hope this helps.
thank u so much, am happy
break it!
Uh, no this does not work for pc at least. when the window pops up it doesn't just start moving the library.
Maybe on a mac.
glad it worked for others though!