Retrieve iPhone contacts

Closed
Paul - Nov 13, 2011 at 07:32 AM
Dude1x Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 24, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2012 - Apr 24, 2012 at 04:18 AM
Hello

I was trying to transfer data from my iPhone 3 to my iPhone 4, but prior to doing so used isynch to capture my contacts to my windows.
Unfortunately I lost all of my contacts from my phone, but didn't realise until I then transferred data.
Is there any way to retrieve all of my contact details, as I have a vast number of key contacts.
If so would I need to capture then from my old iphone3 or can it still be done on my new iPhone 4 ?

Thanks

2 responses

Dude1x Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 24, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 at 04:18 AM
You'll find complete instructions on how to backup and restore iPhone contacts in this tutorial
https://www.sync-iphone.com/contacts-calendars-email/backup-iphone-contacts-to-computer.html
Anonymous User
Nov 13, 2011 at 01:20 PM
Hello,

Follow these instructions for your contacts recovery:

1- Open Address Book, Outlook, or whichever program you use to sync your iPhone with through iTunes.

2- Scroll down to find the contacts or contact group you have lost. They will still be in these programs as long as you have not synced your iPod since you lost the contacts. At this point, you can manually re-enter the contact information if you like, or if you're not sure exactly which contacts you have lost, you can continue.

3- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer. Wait until you see the iPhone icon appear in the left column of iTunes underneath the "Devices" category.

4- "Ctrl + click" (right-click on Windows) on the iPhone icon and choose "Restore from Backup..." At this point, a dialogue box will open up asking you to select an "iPhone name." Here you will select one of your backups, which are performed each time you sync your iPhone in iTunes.

5- Click "Restore." When the progress bar has completed, you can disconnect your iPhone, and your lost contacts will be in the "Contacts" portion of the phone.

Good Luck!