Booting vista

Closed
Darko - Oct 19, 2011 at 07:17 AM
 Anonymous User - Oct 20, 2011 at 02:18 AM
Hello,
I would like to mention that im using vista 32bit.
Today when i've tried to boot my pc , it stuck in the loading screen of the windows , i had a blue screen of death for 1 second and then blackscreen, had to restart . I tried on safe mode and i get the same . Then i entered the setup , changed the priority , 1st - cd/dvd 2nd - hard disc, rebooted , then it opened , i preshed , install windows vista , a loading bar appeared , it loaded for about 6-7 minutes , then it asked for a pc - restart , it said that the installation will continue after the restart, it did restarted , opened again and the installation isnt getting continued . It starts booting the cd and if i leave it , it stucks in black screen . What can i do to continue the installation?

3 responses

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Oct 19, 2011 at 07:26 AM
seems to me like a video driver issue

try to start the pc in safe mode, and then restore to an earlier date when ur system worked fine.

else

if u open up the cpu case on the motherboard u will find the CMOS bateery, just remove it and fix it back after 10 secs

awaiting reply

regards

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
India Mumbai
I've already tried to start it in safe mode , i get the error again , at the moment i've choose another option of installing windows vista (i had to choose between fast and slow installation , the first time i used the fast one , now im trying on the normal one) if it wont solve my problem i will open up the cpu case , tnx for ur time in advance mr Mascarenhas
Anonymous User
Oct 20, 2011 at 02:18 AM
Insert your OS CD,in the setup menu ,click on ''Repair your computer''

Next click on '' command prompt '' option and try to run this command

chkdsk /f