Dell Inspiron 8600

Closed
Devon - Oct 4, 2011 at 08:32 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Hello, I have a Dell computer that has a hard disk failure on drive 0. If I go into the bios (f2) there's no option to highlight any drive. All it will let me do on that page on the bios is change the time and date. I can change the boot order on the second page but I tried everything from reinstalling Windows XP and not recognizing a drive to making sure everything is connected correctly. I'm not sure what to do at this point and I would appreciate it greatly if I could get some help with this issue ASAP. On top of that I really don't have the time or money to spend and go out to buy a hard drive. Any answers are welcome so feel free to help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Devon.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Does this PC have two hard drives? You can disconnect the failed drive and load Windows onto the other. But, you will loose the data on the other drive.

Good Luck