Reinstall of XP

Closed
lehmonster Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2009 - Jan 28, 2009 at 07:12 AM
 sree - Jul 23, 2009 at 01:34 AM
Hello,

If i reinstall XP on my Dell Inspiron 9300, will it delete everything from my hard drive, and how should I go about this if the computer will not even begin to load its oroginal OS?
Related:

3 responses

Hello, i tried to install kaspersky registed version, not possibler to install ,iscanned the pc on line by nortern and it showing ur system affected virus in windows\system32\exe. files . I want to reinstall Windows XP, What is the best way to...
murali1509 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday January 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2010
Jan 28, 2009 at 07:58 AM
hi.. normally when higher version operating system is installed lower version operating system may not boot..
before u r uninstalling the vista you have to take care of all your drivers, take backup of it.
* After that name all your drivers like the C drive as vista and another drives as you like by right clicking over the drive you can see rename option.
* After that take all the documents and files in desktop and my documents to the another local drive other that vista drive.
* Back up all your drivers.. you can download the utility to backup drivers name its name "DriverBackup".
*now boot your notebook with vista dvd, and select installation don't select upgrade,
*after a few steps it shows the window for selecting partitions, select the vista(C) partition and select the drive option on the window. in those options select the formate option.
** while selecting formate option take care that vista drive is selected. with in a few minutes (1 or 2) it formates the vista drive.
* now restart the notebook. and boot it with xp cd and in the partition selection select formated drive it may be the C-drive. and move on the installation.
* after installation use the drivers to install drives you took backup.
**BY THIS PROCESS YOU WONT GET ANY DATA LOSS AND NO NEED TO FORMATE THE ENTIRE HARD DISK"
Anonymous User
Jan 28, 2009 at 08:23 AM
hello,

Thanks for your helping on this site.
I've looked at your profiles here and... I invite everybody to complete his profile by putting a picture of his choice, by giving more information about the place you are...
and so on.
why not ?
;)
to make it more colorful, more beautiful.