How to retrieve my locked folder

Closed
RAJESH - Sep 28, 2011 at 04:54 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 1, 2011 at 05:43 AM
Hello,

I have hide one folder in e-drive using free folder hider software.
My friend format c-drive and lost the folder hider software.
Now how to view the files in e-drive ,which was hided by folder hider software.

PLS HELP ME

RAJESH

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 1, 2011 at 05:43 AM
1. click start>>run>>type in "cmd"
2. type the location of your flash drive.. e.g. "d:", "e:", "f:", etc..
3. type "dir /ah"
*you will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes
4. type "attrib [name of file/folder] -r -a -s -h"
*if you're going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension (format).. example "attrib party.jpg -r -a -s -h"
**if you have folders with 6 characters and above, type the first 6 characters then "~1".. example for folder named "birthday"
"attrib birthd~1 -r -a -s -h"
5. you should repeatedly type dir /ah after unhiding some files/folders so you'll know if they're now working or not..
6. now check you flash drive.. it should be there..
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 28, 2011 at 05:29 AM
Hello,

Go to My Computer on your desktop and then run it, and the click tools menu and then click "Folder Options..." Then click the "View" tab and then select "Show hidden files and folders" option and uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files" and then go to the System directory of your Windows which is typically C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\System and search for a file "windrvNT.sys" in these folders. Then delete this file "windrvNT.sys" (this is Folder Lock locking driver file) and then restart your computer to get your folders/files or drives back.

Good luck
Same problem create with me, I process all u say but not find this file "windrvNT.sys" in system32 and system folders.Any new suggestions u have plz rpl me.