Routrer doesnt broadcast signal

Closed
Blackdragon47 - Jan 27, 2009 at 09:13 PM
 Blackdragon47 - Jan 28, 2009 at 09:13 PM
Hey,
I have a problem... I have Bredgemaxx which is a small box that gets a signal from a tower near me. I have a D-link N Router and when I am trying to configure it, it says it doesnt recognize my internet connection. It asks if I have Cable or DSL and if i say neither it doesnt recognize my connection. My computer runs on windows vista. When i check the connection status running my connection from an ethernet cable to the router and another ethernet cable from the router to the computer, the connection gets to the router but wont get from the router to the computer wired or wireless. Can anyone help me???

1 response

whatsuzz Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday November 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2009 3
Jan 28, 2009 at 01:00 AM
hi,
make sure that your router is not faulty.
you may check it on another computer.
also check your Network Settings in the control panel.
Blackdragon47
Jan 28, 2009 at 09:13 PM
my local connection settings were fine except that my laptop was set to public but i changed it to private. i tried to set it up again and it told me to restore the default settings on the router which i understood. A windows message came up and told me another computer on the same network had the same IP address. Any suggestions