32win blaster worm - apology

Solved/Closed
memeh - Aug 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM
 memeh - Sep 4, 2011 at 01:20 AM
Hello all & Moderator-

I didn't mean to be disrespectful before but while my computer has been hampered by the malware I have had to use a series of malfunctioning pay per use computers that kept wiping all my previous responses so I had to keep my questions brief (and a bit terse). Again, sorry-

Question:
My initial problem was the 32win blaster worm but I did system restore and restored everything to an old system checkpoint 2 days before the virus hit. My computer (Toshiba 105 series running XP) restarted and works fine now with internet, exe files and no data loss.
This was a miracle 'cause I'm not techy at all. Do I still have to download the patch fix?

Also, the Malware anti-virus shield was still on my desktop icons but I ran Trend Micro scan which didn't find the malware. Trend Micro expire so I need a recommend for a new downloadable anti-viral that would be better at catching theses viruses/trojans. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

6 responses

Thanks so much!!!!!

I ran the Malware scan as told and it picked up all the Rogue/FakeAlert/Trojan programs! I can send malware scan log if it would help anyone else in this situation.

The computer is running a little sluggish now and I'm receiving a few weird pop-ups ("you're a winner on internet explorere") but no data loss at all! Thank God!!!!

Question:
After the scan, the Malware program said my trial was expired. Do I have to pay for continued use of it?

Also, my Trend Micro expired and I tried to remove it from computer but can't. Can Malware program and expired Trend Micro Pro Security co-exist without crashing my computer?

I'm very relieved and greatful.
Thanks again, guys!
Hi!

I forgot to mention that the fake anti-virus shield was still on my desktop icons after the first scan found all the rogues so I ran a Malware scan again which detected 0 infected so then I just deleted the icon off my desktop. So far so good.
Anonymous User
Aug 30, 2011 at 01:44 AM
There is no need of a malwarebytes pro..Malwarebytes free edition is enough.

Open malwarebytes-Select quarantine tab-delete all infections

If you are unable to uninstall Trend micro you can use removal tool

http://solutionfile.trendmicro.com/solutionfile/EN-1037161/32bit.exe

Run it and select uninstall tab and click on 'uninstall software'

You can use free editions of avira or avg
Hi again-
Did as suggested -deleted quarantine from Malwarebytes and Trend Micro now uninstalled and I can operate computer and inernet again. I will try Avira or AVG but are they compatable with Malwarebytes running?

Can't thank you guys enough!

Also, I've been having problems with google searches and other redirecting after Malwarebytes scan found the Rogues days ago. A Malware scan today found Rootkit etc. so google searches back to normal but computer still seems to be working sluggish.

Here's hoping that my problems are over!
Oh oh- more redirecting/retargeting still ocurring but less frequently. Here's the latest one

http://retargeting.admedia.com/r2.php?h=c2a06b5a889e8bd2d9c05d90a613d934&e=&s=&ai=&dip=&r=&oref=&c=&fm=&e2c=0&mca=0&rr=

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anonymous User
Sep 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Step 1:

Run this

https://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe

Step 2:

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

open the hosts file using notepad and make sure

No unwanted entries exist below this line

127.0.0.1 localhost

Step 3: