My modem and sound are gone!!!

Closed
Wellrode Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 31, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 21, 2011 - Jul 31, 2011 at 03:35 AM
Wellrode Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 31, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 21, 2011 - Sep 21, 2011 at 06:41 AM
Hello,

i have Toshiba L505-S6946 Laptop and i was working on you tube and while i was downloading a video, my laptop just stacked.........and i manually restarted the laptop and when i login, the laptop is showing a red cross on the volume icon and it reads "No audio output device is installed"........ i went to device manager and there is no line that has sound in it........the same is with the modem......i tried to reinstall the windows vista and nothing worked.....both the modem and sound are gone........

please help me...........thank you in advance......
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Jul 31, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Greetings,

Go to the site below, choose your operating system and download the audio and the modem driver of your laptop then install it to see if the sound will come back.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2350220&rpn=PSLM0U&modelFilter=L505D-S6947&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

Let me know.
Wellrode Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 31, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 21, 2011
Sep 21, 2011 at 06:41 AM
Hello,

this past few months i tried every possible solution on the web but nothing seems to work, i also tried bionik's style but it didn't work either

i also downloaded KB629685 AND KB937077 since the problem was caused while i was watching video on youtube...later when i came back my laptop was sleep and when i wake it up, it just stuck and i restarted it............and when it boots it was saying "no audio out put device is installed"

the only sound my Laptop makes is "Beep" when there is wrong action...

I even formatted it to windows 7 ultimate and now i made it windows vista ultimate still no sound...

But in my device manager there are two "unknown devices" and i tried to install Realtek High Definition Audio on both trying to figure out which one is sound device but still no luck....

and in the device manager there is no "sound, Video and game controllers" line..........

In controller panel -"Sound" it says "No audio devices are installed"....I right clicked and ticked show disabled devices and show disconnected devices but still nothing happened....

My operating system was Vista Home Premium when the problem occured, i formatted it to windows 7 ultimate hoping it would work and later Windows Vista Ultimate

My sound and modem are gone..........
How can i make it work?
Anybody with an idea.............