Unable to access files in MyPassport 070A

Closed
kale1209 Posts 1 Registration date Friday July 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 29, 2011 - Jul 29, 2011 at 09:07 PM
 Ahmed Eldeeb - Jan 20, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Hello,
I have a My Passport 070A drive that's not reading anymore even though I used it less than twenty minutes ago and now it's saying that I need to format the disk in order to use it again. For obvious reasons I don't want to do that just yet if theres any chance of recovery. It's listed as "Local Disk (T:)" and not the renamed version I had before. It's plugged into the same USB port as before, not sure if that makes a difference or not. My hardware is present under the Device Manager under Disk Drives and USB mass storage controllers, I also re-assigned a new Drive Letter to the drive to no avail. In the Device Manager it shows that my device is working properly and in the Computer Management page it's showing that the drive is Healthy (Primary Partition). One last thing before it stopped working and I unplugged it from the USB port, I was having problems with a file reading. I'm sure that's the reason why its not letting me access MyPassport or at least that's my take of it. Any help with any other way to access my files would greatly be appreciated.

2 responses

Anonymous User
Jul 30, 2011 at 04:30 AM
Greetings,

I remember once had the same issue like you. My external drive was not read on Windows. I try many solutions to fix it but there was no avail.

Then I download another operating system named Ubuntu and I try it (I don't install it). Once I was on the Ubuntu desktop, I plug my drive and it came magically and I retrieve all my files.

The operating system is downloadable on the site below:
https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Let me know if you have some questions.
Hi

I already did your suggestion with Ubontu 12, but I still can't access it.\

please help me, I need these documents in this Disk.

Regards;