Laptop Screen is Black

Closed
Prakhar - Jun 16, 2011 at 03:32 AM
 Prakhar - Jun 17, 2011 at 02:23 AM
Hello,

Hi guys, my dell laptop (Xps 1535-256 Nvidia 8600GT graphics card, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB Ram) screen remains black when i switch it on nothing appears but processor light and sound which it normally made continues to do so, i tried to connect with monitor....still blank, i checked the lcd its fine.

It gets started by some how say after 40-50 attempts it will operate normally and continues to do so for say 10-15 days without any problem even after shutdowns. But this problem appears out of nowhere after few days. I already tried the method of taking out the battery and power cord one but it didn't work for me. Please help me.

MY laptop is out of warranty, so on my own....

Thanks in advance
Related:

3 responses

rajithg Posts 4 Registration date Friday June 17, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2011
Jun 17, 2011 at 02:16 AM
I too have a similar issue like yours. bt in my case it happens everyday ( I mean if i switch off / restart no display at all, so I have to wait till next day morning to power on to have proper display )

I too have tried that, removing static electricity method which rarely works 4 me too....
Anonymous User
Jun 17, 2011 at 02:20 AM
Hello,

Try this:

1) Disconnect the AC power adapter --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power

button for 60 seconds --> Now reconnect the AC power adapter and try to

switch ON the laptop. Later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

Good Luck
hi....thanks for d suggestion......already tried d power method and it didn't work for me.......can you tell whether dis prob can be related to graphics card b'coz some1 mentioned to me abt it..........