My External Hard Disk Is Not Detected By PC?

Closed
Tanmay - May 31, 2011 at 01:49 AM
 sas - Jun 20, 2012 at 01:47 PM
Hello,
I am using windows 7 ultimate 32-bit & windows xp sp3. In both OS my packard bell go external hard disk is not detected it says it needs to be formatted. It is working fine in my tv. in disk management it is RAW. Pls Help?
Related:

11 responses

first Of All thank u for rlying so fast. But I have all my data in the external hard drive & is detected in my tv. it doesnt have any partition it is NTFS & is of 320gb
Anonymous User
May 31, 2011 at 02:13 AM
Greetings,

Data Lifeguard Tools should be able to partition the hard drive. If you did that then the next step is to format it. You can do that in Disk Management. You can download it from the link below:
http://download.wdc.com/windlg/WinDlg_122.zip

Did you go deep enough in manage? Go storage> disk management. Then highlight the drive in question and go Action> All tasks> Format. If the drive is not yet partitioned then follow the same steps and choose partition first then format.
Anonymous User
May 31, 2011 at 02:48 AM
I doubt you must format it to NTFS for being detected by your PC. It's sure that you'll loose all your data, but you can recover them with a recovery tool such as recuva which is downloadable from the link below:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5003-recuva/

Good Luck
Will It Recover My 100% Data. & How Long Will it Take To Format As Well As Recover All Data?
Anonymous User
Jun 1, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Hi,

Your files system were RAW and after the format, it will be NTFS, thus there is no guarantee that your files will be recovered with a recovery tool. But as it is said "nothing ventured nothing gained" and once again there is no guarantee.

Good Luck
Hi,

My external ahrd disk is not detecting please help in this case

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Sumone Having The Same Problem Is Told To Use Testdisk Software. Will U Check What It Does. Go To:

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step

& Plz Tell Me If Its Helpful Or No. My Frnd Yesterday Suggested Me.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Jun 2, 2011 at 05:18 AM
Dear Bionik,

Tanway's link seems very interesting. I would most like to have your opinion on it.

Thank you
Anonymous User
Jun 2, 2011 at 04:13 PM
Greetings,

Totally agree with you Ambucias, it is an interesting link but Tanmay did you try the instructions given there?
The 1. Point in The Symtoms Listed Is Refering To Mine. I Hve Read All That & I Think It Will Require Same Hard Disk Space As My External Hard Disk To Get Back All Those Files & I Dont Have That Much Space. Bcoz It Needs To Store The Files Sumwhere Or The Other.But Will This Help Me? And Can You Provide Me A Software Which Can Restore Data After Formatting Bt 100%.
Anonymous User
Jun 3, 2011 at 06:40 AM
Hi,

You can download the software that will help you to recover your data but I can not assure you that all your data will be restored.

Regards.
Maybe not all but atleast 20% can be restored na?
Wat If I Connect My Hard Drive To My T.V. & Also The CPU Of My PC Then Will I Be Able To Transfer From My TV To PC? As It Is Detected By My TV. Plz................................................ Rly........................!
Anonymous User
Jun 4, 2011 at 08:15 AM
Hi,

Transfer data from TV to Computer, I don't think that it is possible! Try to format and restore your data that's the only solution I find. Sorry if I can't bring any further help.

Regards
hi my hard disk is not detecte by my system ,in tv also it shows usb UNsupported wats the problem
it does nt show format too... Is there anY solution pls suggest