The Sims3

Closed
Ronnie - May 30, 2011 at 06:38 AM
eaglesfan5 Posts 1 Registration date Monday May 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 - May 30, 2011 at 09:31 AM
Hello,

I had got the sims 3 as a present, and when i played it, it was fine. 2 months later i try to play it and the sims 3 icon has dissapeared, and left me with a blank peice of paper. When i click on it, all it comes up with is "Windows is searching for Sims3Launcher.exe.To locate the file yourself, click Brouse. I click brouse, and look in everry single file, i can't find it so give up and start writing this, please help me! What do you think i should do?
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 30, 2011 at 07:16 AM
Hello,

Make sure that the game in not uninstalled and you are left with the

shortcut on the desktop.

"Window is searching for filename.exe. To locate the file yourself, click Browse"

The above message appears when the main file (Sims3Launcher.exe) that is

required to start the game is missing in the target location (The location where

you have installed the game)

When the "Window is searching for filename.exe. To locate the file yourself, click

Browse" message appears instead of clicking on the "Browse" wait for the

search process to get completed. It will search for the file and when found

a "Problem with the shortcut" message box will be displayed.

Don't click on the button "Fix it" otherwise your target location will be changed.

Copy\note down the location of nearest match from the message, go to that

particular location and copy your "Sims3Launcher.exe" file and paste in the

location where you have installed the Sims 3 Game. If it failed to find the

"Sims3Launcher.exe" file then its missing. If only the "Sims3Launcher.exe" file is

missing and you are left with the supporting files in your PC then try copying the

"Sims3Launcher.exe" from another PC which is having the Sims 3 Game installed.

If still you are having the problem then you need to reinstall the game.

Good Luck
eaglesfan5 Posts 1 Registration date Monday May 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011
May 30, 2011 at 09:31 AM
I have the same problem! I really wish I could help you, but I h aven't figured out what to do! Mine hasn't been working right since I got it!