Need hdmi driver for dell inspiron 1525! HELP

Closed
Marissa :) - May 29, 2011 at 08:08 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 5, 2013 at 06:15 PM
Hello,

I just recently replaced the hardrive on my dell inpiron 1525 and I running Windows XP Professional as my operating system! I tried using my HDMI cord with my LCD tv and theres no signal at all...no sound nor video! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ASSIST ME??!?! Do I need to download a driver? I looked at Dell's website trying to find a driver that I may need in order for my hdmi to work and I am not having any luck! Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated! I just finally got my computer up and running after a year and the many thing (HDMI) I love about my computer is down! WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!?! I have been trying to fix this everyday for the past 2 months! THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR KIND CONSIDERATION OF ATTEMPTING TO HELP ME IN ANY WAY! :)
Related:

4 responses

Wrong!!! Dell does support XP. Go to the Dell site, locate your PC, select downloads. Then select the operating system - XP.

Meanwhile I have a crazy problem. I had the HDMI working flawlessly - with no special accomadation. Then I had to do a new install of Windows XP Professional , SP3 (as before). Now it works with all kinds of smudges, shadows, etc. I paid to have all my drivers updated - still the same problem. I have yet to find a solution.

Luke
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 4, 2013 at 02:38 PM
Hi Luke,

This thread was opened for Dell Inspiron 1525; do you have the same System Model or a different one? If you have a different System Model, please reply with the exact System Model Number of your laptop.

You have mentioned that you paid for the drivers to be updated you can update the drivers for free from our support site. If you have Inspiron 1525, please ensure that you have the most updated drivers mentioned in the below hyperlink:

Intel GM965 Express Chipset Family, v.6.14.10.4864, A00

Also, when installing the drivers please make sure that the old drivers are removed completely from the machine.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
thestonecrusher
Sep 5, 2013 at 01:18 PM
Thanks for the reply. It seems my problem was more mysterious than I have realized. I have very distorted color and shadowed and mess up blacks. I tried adjusting the variables in "Display". Nothing seemed to help. At one point I completely lost the picture on the other monitor. I gave up & closed the PC down. When I rebooted the problem had disappeared!!!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 5, 2013 at 06:15 PM
Hi thestonecrusher,

From your explanation I understand that the issue is intermittent. When the issue occurs try to connect an external monitor and check what type of video appears on the external monitor. If the video is good on external monitor the problem is with the LCD of the laptop else the issue is with the motherboard.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.