I lost all the important things...help!?

Closed
katiebug81 - May 26, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 2, 2011 at 04:15 PM
Hello, A couple weeks ago I turned on the computer to back up for the first time because I keep getting a box that says my virtual memory is low and a box popped up just long enough to see real quick that said something about couldn't save....trojan or something like that. It went away so fast I couldn't read fast enough. I turned the computer back on to find that the only icon on my desktop was the recycle bin. I had no files at all. No documents, no pictures, and no icons. I went to the start menu to add and remove and saw that all my things were still in there but couldn't click on it or it would remove them. I have tried to upload pictures and it does not give me the option to pic a file out of my pictures file. It's not there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
May 26, 2011 at 05:08 PM
To help you, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

Open this link and download ZHPDiag :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

Register the file on your Desktop.

Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the instructions.

the tool created two icons ZHPDiag and ZHPFix (we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

Close ZHPDiag.

To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

Click on "upload »

Copy the url and post it here
I can not read the link that you sent me....It's not in English and I don't know what to click on. Thanks.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Jun 2, 2011 at 04:15 PM
Hi

It's a temporary bug. Use "télécharger" once downloaded, your system should read it in English.