Laptop screen wont turn on

Closed
Sara - May 3, 2011 at 04:55 PM
 Anonymous User - May 4, 2011 at 01:59 AM
So, anytime my laptop turns off or has to restart the screen will end up blank. I can hear it turn on and the fan runs but the screen stays dark. I have been lucky to turn it on and off until it starts working but I can't get it to work this time. I have a hp pavillion entertainment pc. I don't know what kind exactly. I tried to turn it off, take off the battery, unplug it, hold down the power button, then plug it back in as it was usggested for other users but that didn't work either. I am so frustrated with this darn thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
May 3, 2011 at 04:58 PM
Hi,

Did you get your motherboard's brand name when you switch on your laptop, If yes, you'll see the initial display screen to get into the BIOS at the bottom of your screen.

Go to the BIOS --> Make sure hard disk is detected in the BIOS -- > Set your first boot device as "Hard disk" --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.

Good Luck!
There is nothing on the screen. When I turn it on the fan starts the lights come on but nothing on the screen. It goes from black to a dark shade of gray.
Anonymous User
May 4, 2011 at 01:59 AM
Did you try to hook it up to a monitor and see if the problem persists?