Acer Laptop Backlight Replacment cost?

Closed
Do Dzung - May 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 1, 2011 at 04:09 PM
Hello:

I have been informed I need to replace the backlight or the inverter. I would like to know how I can know it is the backlight problem or the inverter problem. Does everyone know how significantly this is anticipated to expense and how prolonged it would get for each (backlight and inverter)?

Thanks for your help,

Do Dzung
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 1, 2011 at 04:28 AM
The cost will depend on where you get it repaired. Montreal? New York? New Delhi ? London ? Do you want a price in rupees, euros, yen or Bermuda dollars ? This forum is open to everyone on this planet, so if you get an answer in Cedis from Ghana, I don't think you will find the answer to your desire.

Charges are parts and labor plus taxes if applicable.

I suggest you do your own search. Shop around, look in the phone book, make some calls.

Good luck
Hi:

I live in San Diego, Ca (United States) and wondering if I should buy a new labtop or replace the backligh / inverter for the old one.

Thanks,

Do Dzung
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 1, 2011 at 04:09 PM
Hi,

The decision is up to you.

If I were you, and I'm not, I would look at prices for a new lap and compare it with the cost of repair. However, if my laptop was old and could get a better performing system and hardware for a few dollars more, I would go for the new. It all depends on how much you are able and willing to spend.

Just a piece of advice, I would avoid looking at Dell laptops because of keyboard problems, as well as other brands. Do a search typing keyboard and you will see. Another type of laptops not to touch with a 10 foot pole are Chineese made.

Another thing, don't buy anything with inboard built stuff like sound and graphic cards.

In San Diego, you should be able to purchase a really nice machine for $400, some of them with many manufacturer installed applications such as Windows 7. Shop around, it's worth it.

Good luck