Problem in detect of DVD in windows 7

Closed
geoahmed - Apr 30, 2011 at 04:59 PM
kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 - May 30, 2011 at 03:06 AM
I thank you for your help and interesting for answer

When I open my DVD properties from device manager it give my this message
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) can you tell me the solve?
Related:

2 responses

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
May 30, 2011 at 03:06 AM
Hi,

Open system and insure the DVD device is set a Master or slave depending on how you have it installed. (Windows 7

does not like CABLE SELECT).

Normally that will allow Windows 7 to see your DVD. If this does not work, use the manual install method.

Also insure the dvd device is shown in the bios.

Watch carefully on boot, and insure the boot sequence shows the dvd device.

I have found once in a while, since Win 95, totally removed the device, boot , normally. wait 3 min. shutdown,

install device insuring the cable matches the proper selection on the device. (do not use cable select) either

master or slave. boot an enjoy you DVD device. for more information...

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-185843-windows-7-install-cannot-find-dvd-driver
Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 05:10 PM
Hi Geoahmed,

First, thank you for re-write your thread respecting the politeness charter.

Regarding your issue, go to the website below and try the response given on the Code 39.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310123/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows

Hope it will solve your problem.

Let me know any way!

Regards!
I do what say in the link to solve problem and it doesn't solve, please if there is other solve can you tell me. and thank for your help
Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 05:24 PM
Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before you noticed the Code 39? If so, there's a good chance that the change you made caused the Code 39 error.