I think i have deleted my speakers

Solved/Closed
banner3000 - Jan 20, 2009 at 03:08 AM
 Patty - Jan 19, 2015 at 08:38 PM
Hello,
the other day I was messing around on my laptop ( a dell inspiron 6400, on vista ) trying to install a new headset I had brought, after the installation had finished I went onto sound ( through control panel ) to set the microphone sound levels higher,
when I went onto sound it came up with to devives , one being the headset the other being the speakers, now I dont know how but I think I may have deleted the speakers off my laptop whilst tryin to access the headset.
i now have a small red circle with a white 'x' in it, which to me does not make sence because on other forum it says that this is due to sound driver not working , but mine is working fully on the device manager ??

any help would be greatly appreciated

5 responses

hi
i think I had the same problem. my speaker icon showed the little white cross in the red circle because I had accidently disabled my speakers. if u go into the playback settings and right click on the empty list u can check "show disabled devices" and the re-enable it straight from the list
Thanks Jesse this really helped me. It was fast and very easy. You're the best!
Wow. I just ran into this issue 4 years after you and this answer just solved my problem too. The internet is amazing.