Network problem

Closed
amritesh Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2009 - Jan 15, 2009 at 04:55 AM
okietechnician Posts 7 Registration date Friday January 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2009 - Jan 16, 2009 at 09:45 PM
Hello,
Hello,
I came through a very weird problem. In my office We have one connection but two different networks using two Linksys wireless switches and two D-Link switches for LAN connections. Modem cable is connected through one linksys and other linksys is connected through first linksys. Sometimes both networks works very efficiently but sometimes there arises problem with second network only though the first network is functioning properly. The problem is as I connect the internet in second network it works fine for first ten minutes but after that it is unable to ping though the LAN is working and first network is also working as well. I did not get rid of this problem by resetting all the switches and Modem as well. Kindly help me out of this rarest problem. It arises occasionally not usually.

1 response

okietechnician Posts 7 Registration date Friday January 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2009
Jan 16, 2009 at 09:45 PM
don't fully understand your network setup but it sounds like your lan is interconnected by a series of switches............even though it may work like that............sounds like you could use a simple router in the mix......one of the uses of a router is "route" traffic or different ip addresses (each pc)..........you may be experiencing collision between the traffic flowing thru the switches............depending of course on the number of pcs on the network...........is a server involved here? Or is there just traffic flow between several pcs? In other words a workgroup? And i would think that each pc would need it's own ip address as well to identify it self on the "lan". I'm just guessing at what you have. Don't know if this is any help or not. I hope you get the problem solved. Have a nice day.