Ask a question Report

PC shuts down on its own while watching video [Solved]

kellen89 3Posts Wednesday December 17, 2008Registration date June 5, 2009Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 20, 2015 09:13AM
Hi,
I have a problem with my computer, whenever I watch a video, after about 10-15 minutes it shuts down. I've recently bought this desktop. It works fine for all other tasks, such as internet, music etc. I have also tried several media players and all of them just shut down my system. I have NVIDIA Geforce FX5500 as graphics card.
I have no idea of how to cure this, please help me.
Read more 
Answer
+20
moins plus
Hello,
This seems to be a driver issue.

Try to download the latest driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
AussieGuy- Mar 28, 2011 10:23PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... have asked 11 people how to fix this....even a computer tech was going to charge me $120.00.... this is all it was!...a simple DRIVER!.... THANKS HEAPS YASH!! :) You rock BRO :) People.... just firstly just check and add your drivers - simple! :)
Vandore- Dec 15, 2012 11:36PM
Well, i clicked the link and it wasnt working, so i clicked "if this isnt working click this" but it just went to the same thing
Vandore- Dec 16, 2012 03:26PM
it says unable to find ur GPU :(
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
Alright, turn on firewall if its not, then, go to CONTROL Panel, Performance and maintenance, System, Advanced [tab], Startup and recovery [settings], and for automatic restart, uncheck this. WARNING: this may put your computer at risk, but not likely. Always run a virus check after using the internet for more than 30 mins, and clean the hard drive after virus checks. Good luck, hope this helped!
Bryce S- Jan 17, 2011 08:51AM
maybe just after you're done with the internet. every 30 mins is a little rough.
sillygirl- Mar 31, 2011 11:12PM
thank you so much!!!
ManjeshGowda N- Feb 26, 2015 11:11PM
i hope this helps! thank you so much!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I solved the same issue by buying a usb fan and placing it on the top of my pc (above the installed fan vent). No problems at all after that.

Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Fan Set with Grills 12

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NVC1DS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
Add comment
This document entitled « PC shuts down on its own while watching video » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.