Hotmail - can messages be auto forwarded?

Solved/Closed
bounty1000 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2011 - Mar 30, 2011 at 04:14 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 30, 2011 at 06:04 AM
Hello,
My 1st post. Forum looks good.

This is about security.
I want to know if emails that I send from Hotmail can be automatically copied to another email address?

I had a house guest for a while who may have had access to my hotmail account (yes, yes, I know - always log out when leaving the computer).
This guest turned out to be a bad person, and I made him leave my home.
Since he left he seems to know a lot about my activities, plans etc, and is causing trouble for me.
I wonder if he could have changed settings on my account, so that any email I send gets secretly copied to his email address?
In Hotmail I have checked Options/More Options/ forward mail to another email account, and this is disabled. But is there another way?
Or is there a way he may be viewing my mail received?

Grateful for any suggestions.

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Mar 30, 2011 at 05:54 AM
Hello Bounty,

To your question: "Or is there a way he may be viewing my mail received ?"

My answer is yes!

Over the last few months or so, we found that Hotmail accounts have become more vulnerable and hackers are having a whale of a time. If you search on the Internet and security forum, you will see the number of Hotmail account which have been compromised, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I strongly suggest to you that you immediatly change your Hotmail password. Also, to discourage the slimy person in question, for a couple of weeks or so, why don't you use an alternate Hotmail or GMail account?

Best regards
bounty1000 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2011
Mar 30, 2011 at 05:59 AM
thanks Ambucias; that certainly gives me the heads up.
You hear about things like this, but never sure what is fact or what is urban myth.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Mar 30, 2011 at 06:04 AM
You are totally welcome. Did the person in question get access to your computer?

If I were you, I would not delay changing the password before the scum does it before you.