Toshiba labtop can't shut down black screen

Solved/Closed
Uniplox - Mar 15, 2011 at 06:44 PM
 bamaelvis - Nov 4, 2011 at 04:34 PM
Hello,

I just recently been having problems with my Toshiba Labtop Computer (a newer version) and when I try and shut it down, it says that there is and update that won't allow it to shut down and when I try to move the mouse to click on the options that it gives me to either force shut down or let it do the updates, and to make it worse my mouse won't move!!! I got nervous so I close it up and decided to charge it. Now all it gives me is a black screen with the mouse and the mouse still dosen't move!!! I'm afraid that a virus, worm, or a trojan horse has attached to my computer and I don't know what to do!! Just a year ago, Antivirus8 had disrupted my computer and I had to start it all over again losing all of my files!!! I hope that this isn't another virus attacking my computer and I don't want to start my computer all over again. Anybody please help me!!

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 16, 2011 at 06:24 AM
Dear Uniplox

First, I sure would like to know about this update. What kind? From where? The info is essential to determine if it's a Trojan Horse.

Is it possible for you to boot in safe mode with networking? (taping F8 during boot time?)

If not, from the black screen, do you have access to command prompt or to your task manager (alt+ctrl+del)?

I am awaiting your reply before any other help can be provided.

Regards
Well actually I did a little research, and I found out that Antivirus8 is a fake anti-spyware program (like antivirus7 and many others) that promotes through the use of trojans and pretends to "scan" for viruses and displays dozens of alerts listing infection that are not real. The alerts are constant and they actually trick people into buying anmd installing the system. The prices of the monthly pay of the fake program are unbelievebly expensive,like over $49.00 and it just gets worse and worse and it is considered EXTREMLY DANGEROUS IF YOU ALLOW IT INTO YOUR SYSTEM!!! I got the information from this link:

http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-antivirus-8

What was weird about it though is that before I got Antivirus8, I uploaded the norton security system and noticed that Antivius8 was clinging on to the system, acting like It was apart of norton's system! That's why I though of it as a trojan horse. I had to get rid of the virus by restarting the computer back to it's original settings. I hope that's enough information for you :)

Btw, I solve the problem already by shutting it off.....I actually left it on stand by when it happened and I was overreacting.....thank you for your help though!!! :)
if you havent ever heard of a program or never see it or used it a great way to protect your self, docs,and every thing else u use on your computer so I would always do a little research before you buy a program or software.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 16, 2011 at 04:03 PM
Well Uniplox,

I knew that but it was necessary for me to if you had access to Internet to download some tools I had to recommend which would have prevented restoring your system.

No Rogue Trojan Horse has resisted me.

Sorry you went through system restore.

Thank you for your feedback
Um...what security system do you use? Because it might be very helpful for me. I would like to know :) I don't want it to happen to me again. please?
Mar 17, 2011 at 04:50 AM
F-Secure but Kaspersky if fine, however from my experience, I would stay away from Symantec Norton products, they claim high but poor on performance. Should you request their assistance to desinfect a virus for which it was suppose to protect you against, they charge $99.95 USD.

F-Secure has an intrusion alert feature.

Take care
Thank you :)