Black screen after motherboard installation

Closed
crandolf1089 - Feb 23, 2011 at 04:21 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 24, 2011 at 04:26 PM
Hello,

Earlier this month my motherboard died after 3 years of almost constant gaming, It took a few weeks to get up the money but I ordered a new motherboard. Yesterday I received my new ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard via ups. I proceeded to install my new motherboard

Everything seemed to be going fine until the boot up reached the start up screen with the windows 7 logo forming, after that the screen was black with my cursor on it.

I Also noticed by the size of the cursor was very large probably from the low resolution. This is my first time installing a new mobo, so if there is anything ambiguous that you think im missing please tell me .

Related:

5 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 23, 2011 at 04:37 PM
Hello Crandolf

We are missing some info here

Can you boot in safe mode?

Can you command prompt?

Did you install your new motherboard drivers?

Before installing a new board, you must insure to have all the drivers in the system.

Regards
I can't boot into safe mode, I can't access command prompt because I cant log into windows (unless there is a way to access it through BIOS which I don't) and I don't have the drivers installed because I can't log into windows.
i meant that I dont now about a way to access command prompt through BIOS
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 23, 2011 at 05:42 PM
crandolf,

I meant if you could access command prompt by pressing the windows key or ctr+alt+del.

Is your new motherboard different make and model than the previous?

Have you downloaded the drivers before the installation?

I must sign off now till tomorrow morning and I am looking forward to your answer.

In the meantime, I will also forward your thread to a very good friend of mine. He is 83 years old, but a cybernetic wizard and very keen. His user name is jack4rall. He will help

Catch you later
And my previous motherboard was an old msi motherboard, this new one is an ASUS
I can't log into windows, all that comes up after the window that says, windows is starting, is a black screen with my cursor on it.

In that case I cannot install drivers and I cannot Ctrl-Alt-Dlt.
Feb 24, 2011 at 05:38 AM
Hello Crandolf,

I think that you may have to reinstall your older motherboard then download all the drivers for your Asus, then install your Asus.

Jack4rall may have a better solution, but that's the only one I can think of.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 24, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Hello,

First thanks to "Ambucias"

Since you have changed you motherboard you may need to reinstall the OS.

Try repairing the OS. That's because the default drivers that got installed during

the OS installation for the motherboard seems to be mismatching with your new

motherboard. May be your new motherboard is having a different "Chipset" etc.

If you have your "Operating System" DVD then try to repair the OS.

Good Luck
Feb 24, 2011 at 04:26 PM
Thank you Jack! Great minds think alike because I also though it was a driver problem, but you solution to get them seems much easier.