LOST Password for user & admin

Solved/Closed
MJ - Jan 8, 2011 at 01:17 PM
mjattolico Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2011 - Jan 9, 2011 at 08:48 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to fix my brothers PC. The problem I'm having is he's running windows xp home edition SP3.

The problem is he made a user account with a password a long time ago. Now the problem is he can't remember the password & he also created a password for the admin and yes he can't remember that either.

So I have tried everything and nothing works. I purchased a Disk off ebay that will restore all but problem is when I reboot PC its not reading this disk.

I contacted the person and they told me to enter BIOS set DVD drive as Boot disk. But im not sure what exactly he's talking about. I tried all of that but I just wont work.

I know the CD rom is working because I stuck a windows 98 disk in there and it read it but wouldn't install. So I figured it's cuz it was 98 and he's got XP.

Can someone please help me this is driving me crazy I tried everything and now I'm stuck.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLEASE
MJ
Related:

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 8, 2011 at 01:41 PM
Hello,
Do you have Windows XP cd ?
Good Luck
I have the one I purchased from someone on ebay sticker says XP Home SP3 + Driver Pro. This disk was supposed to restore everything. But well its not reading the disk. Other then that I have no other Disk
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 9, 2011 at 08:35 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Place that CD in the drive --> Restart your PC --> Keep tapping your F8 key --> When boot options appear then select your "CD\DVD drive" as your first boot and press Enter. Let me know if you able to boot with that CD.
The other way is when you switch ON you computer at the bottom of the screen a key will be mentioned like
DEL=SETUP or F1=SETUP. Look for that key and restart your PC and keep tapping that mentioned key.
BIOS will appear. Look for the option like "First boot device or First priority" and set that option as CD\DVD-drive --> save the settings and exist from BIOS.
[Note: You can find the instructions at the right side or at the bottom regarding how to make changes and save the settings]
If a message appears like "Press any key to boot from CD....", don't press any key. Just let me know if you
have successfully set your first boot device as CD\DVD-drive.
Good Luck
mjattolico Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2011
Jan 9, 2011 at 08:48 PM
Hello
I tried everything. I believe it must be the CD it's a burned copy so I think it has to be that.

Thank you very much for you help