Windows Live Messenger 2011/Computer issue

Closed
Emma - Dec 22, 2010 at 04:55 AM
scottzish Posts 7 Registration date Saturday December 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2010 - Dec 25, 2010 at 05:01 AM
Well we recently downloaded Windows Live Essentials 2011, and I did not want new messenger, but realised that the old one is now unavailable, and now I've gotten used to the new one. Well anyway, it works fine and all, but recently our computer has been restarting a few minutes after shut down. Sometimes you think it isnt going to restart but then it does again about half an hour. Anyway, I have figured out that this problem has something to do with Windows Live Messenger not being closed properly, and it says: ''Waiting for the following program to close: Windows live messenger. Please close the program to resume shutdown''. this appears for about 3 seconds then it just disappears and the machine shuts down. Then it restarts again. This is really annoying as it uses alot of power unnecessarily. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? please help.

Thanks, Emma.
Related:

1 response

scottzish Posts 7 Registration date Saturday December 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2010 2
Dec 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Hello.

I have a temporarily solution.

Before shutting down your pc go to task manger-go to the processes tab and look for something caled msn.mgr when you have found it end this process.

Hope it Helps :)
Thanks so much, I think this has fixed our problem! :)
scottzish Posts 7 Registration date Saturday December 18, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2010 2
Dec 25, 2010 at 05:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback! :D