Help to get information off computer

Solved/Closed
Sonia - Apr 20, 2008 at 07:17 PM
fobvious5 Posts 259 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 - Sep 30, 2010 at 07:25 PM
Hello,
I have an Asus laptop. The computer screen looks like it has bleeding ink all over it. The computer starts up, but I cannot see anything to log in etc.
How do I connect my computer up to another computer in order to get the information off the hard-drive???
Sonia

3 responses

Thanks Devil_Skater, that was one of the first things we tried, but it didn't work... I ended up buying a USB case/box and transferring the hard-drive from my [broken] laptop into it. It works a treat and at AU$20 I now have the best portable hard-drive which beats USB sticks hands down... So the saying goes 'something good comes of everything'!
S
hi sonia
i have a similar problem but i seem not to be as pc literate as you. what is the name of the box (device) that you bought and can yu be a bit more specific on how you transfered the files from old to new pc
appreciate it a lot
regards
christelle
he didn't really transfer the files, he moved the entire harddrive from the laptop to an external hard drive enclosure, by removing it from the computer & putting it in a small box that will connect to other computers.
Blocked Profile
Aug 6, 2008 at 11:07 AM
hi Sonia,
you can use another monitor in order to remove all your stuff,,,just replace the previous connection to another one dear;-)
fobvious5 Posts 259 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2010 15
Sep 30, 2010 at 07:25 PM
Hi there!

It might also be a problem with the graphic card, please get it confirmed!