How to re-enable touch pad on

Solved/Closed
rack - Dec 7, 2010 at 03:46 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 8, 2010 at 06:20 AM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba portable E200 with a Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000. I disabled the touch pad to use the mouse now the mouse has quit and I don't know how to access computer to turn touch pad back on.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

Roger K.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 7, 2010 at 03:56 PM
Hello Roger,

Since nothing works on your pad, you better look at the mouse first. Whipping it and torture will not work. Be nice with your mouse.

Check the batteries; check the battery poles, ensure the signal between the station and the computer is not interrupted, put the signal closer if needed; gently clean the inside of the mouse (no bubble bath).

Do you have access to command prompt?

Good luck

P.S. You have a Canadian accent?
Thank you for your response, much appreciated. I have a Canadian accent.

Earlier I failed to mention that when I switched the mouse on the "blue sensor light" in the mouse would come on for a second and then go right off. For some mysterious reason, when I removed the Nano tranceiver from the computor I eventually noticed that the "blue sensor light" came on and stayed on. I replaced the tranceiver and lo-and-behold the mouse returned to service. I'm back in business, but none the wiser. Ant idea as to what just transpired?

Roger
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 8, 2010 at 06:20 AM
Greetings Roger,

That is abolutely great! Thank you for letting me know. I figured it was a rodent problem. I glad you didn't give a bubble bath and that you showed so much caring for it.

You are genius to yourself.

You are always welcome on the forum.

Best regards