Black screen appears after windows logo

Closed
elainew39 - Nov 30, 2010 at 08:24 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 30, 2010 at 03:05 PM
Hello,
my laptop had a memory dump after a virus,but now after the logo the screen goes black,there is no log on page.what programmes do i need to install to start up?please can you help,i dont have a clue on that side of computers.
many thanks

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 30, 2010 at 03:05 PM
Greetings,

The problem that you are experiencing can easily be solved. The actual problem should be coming from the Registry or system files which are missing or corrupted.

Reach out the Safe Mode and if the problem is still the same, Reboot and press "F8" keyboard key and select the Las Known Good Configuration. This can solve the matter.

If you find that the trouble is still the same though, reboot once more reach the Windows Recovery Manager where you will have to carry out a check disk. For doing it run CHKDSK after having navigated to C:\Windows>.

You will henve get a report about the errors that have occured on your system.

Then, enter the SetUp by pressing F1 after another reboot and change the HDD Priority through the Boot Device Priority. If ever the Registry is corrupted (which should be the logon dll), get here to get the instructions to get it fixed up.

However such errors on your system can also be repaired by making use of your installation cd. There are many who prefer to get their PC formatted but the disadvantage is that you will lose all your files. For having it repaired, is booting your PC with your installation disc.

You will reach a SetUp page, press R and the Repairing task will start up. Do not interrupt it and this should fix it up.

Hope that the information helps getting you free of the trouble. Do not hesitate to hit back, kind regards.