Ask a question Report

Compaq Presario CQ60 won't turn on [Solved/Closed]

albakos - Latest answer on Feb 16, 2013 01:28PM
Hi everyone.
I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 (running on factory-built in Windows Vista Home OEM) and it will turn on anymore. I will try to explain my problem and how it happened, so please bare with me :)
Today, my laptop was on hibernation mode (with monitor flipped down), and when I wanted to start it again, it took long to get back on (around 5 minutes). I thought it was just a freeze, because there were some applications running when I closed the monitor (which activates hibernation) , so I pressed the power button for hard shutdown.
However when I turn it on again from Power button, I hear the fan buzzing and LED lights are on, BUT the screen is blank and it does not show anything. I connected my desktop monitor and nothing is displayed there too. I tried the advices found here about removing battery, removing power source, pressing Power button for 30+ seconds, but nothing is working so far.
I've searched high and low around this forum for my problem and although I tried every advice, I still have this problem.
I am not located in US and don't have Recovery CD's and there's little options for me to get official support.
I would really appreciate if someone can help me about solving this problem if you ever encountered a similar scenario. Please let me know if you guys need more information.
Thanks and I desperately look forward to your replies.
Read more 
Answer
+5
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem.

Good Luck.

Jake- Jun 23, 2011 03:24PM
If you want follow the guide on the main manual on the hp support website to make sure all the wires are connected to the motherboard?
Gail- Jul 30, 2011 09:21PM
i have the same problem. could you tell me which one is RAM? where is it located in the computer? im sorry.. im really not good at this
ashley- Oct 2, 2011 07:57AM
would it be the same if i took it apart put new fan in then started up and then my wireless wire went i put a new 1 in built it back and it wont start up no fan working or nothing
I-Repair-PCs- Dec 11, 2011 04:59PM
just received the laptop today for a fix up
it has same problem will look into the solution to solve it...
Consumer- Jul 3, 2012 04:07PM
I-repair-PCs: Any news?
Answer
+5
moins plus
The charger is functioning well. There are still two possible reasons why your computer is not turning on. 1. The battery, 2. The computer itself.

What you need to do is to isolate the problem.

Here's what you can do to isolate the problem.

1. Remove the battery from the computer.
2. Turn on the computer using the cord. Remember not to put back the battery yet. Just the cable and the computer connected. If the computer turns on, then, you need to replace the battery.
3. If it still not turning on by using the cord alone. Try to wiggle the cord to check whether it's loose or not. Check if there are some signs of power on the computer. If there is a power like lights lit in the computer, then, it's the computer that's having the problem. You need to bring it to a technician if that's the situation.

Please let me know if there are any development after doing the troubleshooting above so that I can get back to you if you need my help.

eghosa- Oct 26, 2011 05:38PM
i nid help
LAURAAAAA- Dec 17, 2011 05:50AM
Thank you. This helped loads I was worried that i would have had to replace the screen :O Thanks again.
laksedona- Feb 16, 2013 01:28PM
Whew!!!This solved my problem. I was thinking a new laptop. THANK YOU!!!!
This document entitled « Compaq Presario CQ60 won't turn on » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.