Cannot connect to internet, but am online?

Closed
alipenny - Nov 11, 2010 at 07:33 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 11, 2010 at 09:55 PM
Hello,
I am frusterated with my laptop, all of the sudden I can no longer get to the itunes store. Plus I can not get my McAfee to connect to the internet either. I have turned of the automatic LAN option, I have upgraded my windows 7, tried to upgrade internet explorer and nothing is working. What do I do now? I would be so greatful if there was anyone who chould help me figure this out.

\

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 11, 2010 at 09:55 PM
I suggest you run the Fix-it software at this Microsoft site:

https://support.microsoft.com/fixit#tab0
it might be of some help.

Your problems might be due to a virus and you may need the following:

another option is to Google "Malwarebytes" and download their free program. It can fix many malware/virus programs that may have put "browser helpers" in internet explorer that are redirecting your access.

another option is to Google "Spybot" and download their free program. It might detect things that Malwarebytes does not.

Both these downloads might require you to run the update feature to get the latest virus/malware data.

Good Luck