Microsoft word

Solved/Closed
duba215 - Sep 15, 2010 at 08:12 PM
 Talkman - Sep 30, 2010 at 09:19 AM
Hello,
Need help! Have Windows Vista on my laptop. Am getting ready to start taking college classes online but, they have advised me that I need to have Microsoft Word program. Under Vista it is Microsoft works word. They advised that this works word will not work on there system. Can you advise if there is a free or at least inexpensive download of the Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint that is compatible with Vista?

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2010 at 04:28 AM
Dear Duba215,

Your post is actually not clear enough. Please provide more detailed information about the matter so that we get to understand it and hence help you about it.

Thanks in advance.
What it is is that I have Vista Works on my computer and I am getting ready to take some online classes. They just advised me that the works (word) program will not work with there system. I need to have Microsoft Office Word. What I was wondering is if there was a free download for it or do I need to purchase the programs.
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Sep 19, 2010 at 08:06 AM
WORKS is very stripped down version of WORD. If you are just going to do word editing, you are fine with works. If you are going to do more than basic things than you do need some thing else. One option is you can download openoffice which is free and is roughly equivalent to office 2003 A lot depends on how word is needed for your class.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 19, 2010 at 02:06 PM
There is a free program "OpenOffice" that should work for you. Google it for the download location.

Good Luck
Also StarOffice 9 given out free or very cheap.Our organisation uses it in India