HDMI connection problems

Solved/Closed
Tom - Sep 13, 2010 at 01:42 AM
 fossil - Oct 13, 2010 at 08:00 PM
Hello,

I am wonting to connect my laptop to my HDTV I have went out and brought a HDMI cable and connected it in to the back of my TV but I went to plug it into my laptop it did not have the right conection is there anyway around this with out buying a new laptop.

6 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 13, 2010 at 04:45 AM
Dear Tom,

Your post is quite vague by reffering to "not have the right connection", please provide correct and clear information about the matter so that we get to see into the matter and hence help you correctly in order to get the task completed.

Thank you.
Blocked Profile
Sep 13, 2010 at 06:09 AM
Hi there,

Which port do you have on your laptop?if not hdmi you definitely need to have vga,with vga also its possible to connect laptop to tv,for further help for the connection be guided by the link below:

https://ccm.net/faq/9422-hooking-up-laptop-to-hd-tv-with-hdmi-cable

Thanks
hi..
i am trying to connect my fujitsu lifebook a series laptop to my sony lcd tv. the laptop has a VGA port and TV has HDMI. I have a VGA to DVI adapter (belkin) and I have a HDMI to DVI male cable. I connect these to the right ports, but, do not get any picture on my TV. Can you guys guide me here?
i am sorry for not leaveing enough infomation on my question, I have a USB port and SATA that is all I was thinking mabey I can connect something to my USB port to give me a HDMI connectioin like the one on my TV.
i have a vga port but I have already bought a HDMI cable and was hoping to still some how be able to use it.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 13, 2010 at 06:24 AM
Tom
Do you read the answers sent to you?
yes I do and if u read the answers but they arnt what I mean. I have a HDMI cable it fits into my TV but not my computor I Have a USB VGA and a SATA port I was wondering if there was somthing I could plug into one of them to then plug my HDMI cable