Acer 5315 Laptop won't boot to windows

Solved/Closed
lost - Sep 10, 2010 at 04:55 PM
 lost - Sep 11, 2010 at 08:00 AM
Hello,

I have a Acer Laptop 5315, when I turn on it takes forever (over 15mins) to boot to log in page. then after log in it takes like 1/2 hour to "try" and get to windows. It takes over 5 tries to actually get to the main desktop, it usually says something about a critical error and then it restarts itself. I have tried through safe modes to do a system restore but it wont let me. nothing opens in safe mode even with networking. I don't know how to use command prompt. I can't download anything to fix it because it won't let me do anything once finally loaded. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 11, 2010 at 02:30 AM
Dear Sir,

There should be some missing or corrupt materials on it causing this particular problem and hence you should have the system repaired in order to get the problem solved.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for reply, so is there nothing i can do from my end? should i just take it to a shop to get fixed?thx
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 11, 2010 at 04:55 AM
Dear Lost,

Before you take in for repair, insert you Win7 disk and reboot. You should then be given options to repair the system.

Regards
I never got disks with the laptop, i don't think most do, and I never made any when I 1st bought it (i didn't know i was meant to til i got advised to when i bought a new one), but need my acer fixed as it has heaps of stuff on there that i need. I might have to buy a disk?lol cheers
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 11, 2010 at 05:53 AM
Dear Lost,

One should never, but never purchase a machine without asking the seller for the disks for they are unique, they belong to that machine and you paid for them.

As for your data recovery, I'am afraid that only a in the flesh technician can help you now and it may cost you a little cash to get the data out of it if the HD is not completely scrapped.

Sorry about that chief!

Good luck
Hi, yeah it was my 1st time buying a laptop so i had no clue about it lol, but i am well aware now! ok thanks for your help. Will get it checked out and update with the outcome. cheers