Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Need For Speed Undercover Problems [Solved/Closed]

Jayxx9 - Latest answer on Mar 25, 2013 02:11AM
Hello,
i am having a problem with my newly bought game need for speed undercover both graphics and lag problem!
MY SPECIFICATIONS:
2g ram!
2x 2.6 ghz processor (intell cor2 duo or something like that lol)!
Nvidia Geforce 7300 gs (256mb)! (latest driver)(scince 2 days ago lol)
Windows xp!
dircet x 9.0!
Yesterday i scanned for viruses with Norton 360 avg ad aware spy bot etc and optimized my disk but still having lag problems wit nfs and nothing else! (disk is not scratched!)
My graphics Problem:
None of the lines are straight there all zigzgy! its hard to explain but you know in the program (paint) that comes with xp when you draw a diagonal line its not straight its zigzagy! thats what absolutley everything is like in nfs! ive done all the graphic options and resoulutions and stuff! i did notice by changing the resoloutin does make it better but its still not normal ive tried the auto config button on my moniter but still have the same prob! Is it a problem with game or pc!
My Performance Problem:
Just the normal lag lag lag lag mini freeze lag(lol) i tried lowering the graphics but nearly nill difference from highest to lowest! At the start of some vids it lags you can hear sound but not see the screen for only like 2 seconds( i think maybe thats just the game lol)
If you Have a soloutin tell me plz and if you have this game on pc tell me how it runs and your specifications! Replys are highly appreciated!
Jayden
Read more 
Answer
+43
moins plus
To all the fellas that have a problem with running Undercover on Windows 7.(you know the black screen upon starting the game) It doesnt matter which build of windows 7 you Have. the sollution to this is to go to program files or which ever localtion you installed the game. Rename the "nfs.exe" to "nfsuc.exe" and go to the Undercover Icon on your desktop, right click and click properties. go to the target path and edit the "nfs.exe" to "nfsuc.exe"

e.g: "C:\Program Files\EA games\nfsuc.exe". Please note that this may not be the same target path as yours depending on which path you have installed the game.

Click apply and ok. then run the game.
note: this fix is only for gamers that encounter a black screen when starting the game in windows 7.

vanosiris 1Posts Saturday June 26, 2010Registration date June 26, 2010Last seen - Jun 26, 2010 01:34AM
Wow!!! Thank you so much. Your are genius. I've been having this problem for a month now. No one except you have the right answer and it was easy to understand. Thank you so much. God bless you.
agntchase- May 13, 2011 11:39PM
this works , thanks a lot
carl- Nov 1, 2012 02:11AM
But what about the bluescreen problem??
GOS BLESS YOU- Mar 25, 2013 02:11AM
THANKS MAN>>> U R AWESOME>>
Answer
+10
moins plus
Hey i fixed the issue i had with nfs undercover After doing some research and reading other forums it seems that anything with a core 2 duo cpu or quad core runs the game like absolute crap.

I set the processor to affinity and it ran fine.

So how do I set the processor affinity?
1)In Windows open up your game or application. If you are in a game press Alt+tab to come out.
2)Open up Windows Task Manager (Ctl+Alt+Del).
3)Click on the Processed tab and find your game or application
4)Right click on the game or application and select Set Affinity.
5)You will see CPU0 and CPU1 checked. Uncheck either one.
6)Click OK
7)Go back into your game or application and you will now be running your program on one core."

I have to admit its pretty pathetic that very little effort or thought went into the testing of this game before they released it on the shelves.

Give it a try

Karan- Feb 20, 2009 02:00PM
hey your tip works...thanx pal...
Reinaldo Luiz- Jun 13, 2009 08:25PM
This worked to me.... how you discovered that ?

This is problem of the game or my cpu stinks ? (Im using Atlhon64 X2 6000+)

I had bought a new video card and was the same problem....

Thank you so much for that
jplecouche- Sep 20, 2009 03:44PM
Hey Da,

Thanks for this tip this worked for me on ace driver GRID...
Unfortunately i have this really weird thing on need for speed shift...
I installed this hotfix for my graphic cards and since i've done this the gamee
show only when driving some black widows on the screen mostly on the place where a car is driving and they don't cover the whole car...
Before i installed this hotfix it runned perfectly... :S
I have a Core I7 2.67Ghz
MSI X58 Pro E motherboard
Radeon HD4800
6Gb RAM
1Tb HD
Should i uninstall my drivers and install again without hotfix or is there another way to fix this issue?...
I hate installing drivers and all that crap it's too risky :S

Thx in advance
rfranca5- Dec 30, 2009 03:28PM
se alguem tem o registration code do need for speed undercover por favor mandem po meu correo por fazor agradecia emensso,felix ano novo..

Email Id removed for security
rafix- Mar 24, 2010 03:24AM
uuuu alll r foool u don have any idea of gaming..............dude
Answer
+4
moins plus
OK guys,

i may be a bit late to this thread. But i would like to share my experience with this issue.

My system:

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.66 GHz
4 GB RAM
64 Bit - Win 7

I never used to have any issues with the game on vista 64 bit. But with Windows 7, I had. I tried a lot of things from different people. However, When i changed my Bit Defender 2010's "Game Mode" ON. the problem resolved. It's just bizarre because I did have BitDefender installed even when I had vista. Something to do with Windows 7, Bit Defender & NFS Undercover Combo.

So, there you go. Try disabling any Anti-virus you may have on your system.

P.S. Please do not delete your Anti-Virus. Your system could get affected with virus within 4 min. according to the latest internet stats.

Cheers,

Answer
+1
moins plus
i Cabt open Nfs undercover

Answer
+0
moins plus
GL:5538 is not found

Answer
+0
moins plus
do you have your drivers installed

Answer
+0
moins plus
it works on my computer on low perfect and i have ati x1050

Answer
+0
moins plus
i have downloaded need for speed undercover from vuze and then successfully installed it with the key. but when i trying to run the game its asking me the registration code. and now its not accepting the code i am getting from the nfs undercover key generator. plz help me to solve this problem.
Email Id removed for security

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi.. i have a problem i have resolution to big and i want to change and i can t why ????

This document entitled « Need For Speed Undercover Problems » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.