HDD Not being noticed

Closed
Dean - Aug 30, 2010 at 09:23 AM
 Dean - Sep 1, 2010 at 07:18 AM
Hello,

my 250GB Seagate 2.5'' External HDD cannot be picked up by my computer anymore, it used to be able to, it can be picked up on other machines...my USBs are working perfectly with other devices, i have no problem with my usb slots at all, i have all my drivers installed and i did both chkdsk's and an OS repair...plus i put the drive directly inside the pc and it work then but not as an external anymore...and my external HDD Enclosure is fine and so is the cable

Further...all my equipment is new

Is there anyone who can solve this problem?

Related:

3 responses

mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Aug 31, 2010 at 02:55 AM
First of all, if the external drive is the only source for your important files you are foolish. You should always maintain at least two copies of all files you wish to keep.

What OS were you using on the original computer?

Was the drive working OK the last time you used it on the original computer?

What type and capacity hard drive/s is in the Windows 7 computer?

I don't know what Disk Management is looking at with 1174 online. That is the total of the three partitions you listed.

Did you scroll while in Disk Management? Sometimes there is too much information to see on the screen at one time.

You don't state what connection type your 500GB external hard drive is. A am assuming USB? There are other connection types.

Did you see the enclosure in Device Manager?
There is nothing on the drive at the moment,

I'm using windows 7 Pro and XP Home,

The drive was working perfectly fine about a month ago,

It's a Seagate Barracuda 3.5" HDD (500GB) with Windows & and Samsung 320GB with Win XP,

No separate partitions on any drives...just straight installation on both drives,

It is not showing up in the disk manager anymore,

It's not displaying in the device manager,

It has a 2.0 USB connection and an eSATA connection...

HELP!!
There is nothing on the drive at the moment,

I'm using windows 7 Pro and XP Home,

The drive was working perfectly fine about a month ago,

It's a Seagate Barracuda 3.5" HDD (500GB) with Windows & and Samsung 320GB with Win XP,

No separate partitions on any drives...just straight installation on both drives,

It is not showing up in the disk manager anymore,

It's not displaying in the device manager,

It has a 2.0 USB connection and an eSATA connection...

HELP!!