Met-worm.win32.kido.ih

Closed
confused - Aug 30, 2010 at 07:35 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 31, 2010 at 04:35 PM
Hello,
I have the same problem that Omar had back in feb 8th of this year in that all AV software including kaspersky 2011 will recognise this worm but won't or can't remove it. I read the answer rakshit gave on march 14th of this year but do not understand his directions and would like some clarification on those directions please, also the worm according to kaspersky is in a folder that does not appear to exist on my computer so I am wondering if this is done by kaspersky so to get you to buy more of their crappy software of which I am forming a very low opinion of with their 2011 version or what but need someone's help please as kaspersky's popup window is driving me daft and limiting the amount of work I can get done in a day.

3 responses

pctech Posts 7 Registration date Monday August 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 30, 2010 4
Aug 30, 2010 at 07:49 AM
Did you run any antimalware and antispyware software's? I have tried almost all premium antiviruses I will face same Issue after every 3 months , Now I use antimalware and antispyware softwares once a month. Which takes care of my computer.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 31, 2010 at 07:15 AM
Dear Confused,

First ensure your have administration right, which you probably already have:

==> Unhide the system files from folder options:
You can see the two hidden files, "autorun.inf" and "Recyle"

Manualy select those files and go to the properties and click on the 'security' tab, you need to assign the full control to the user you are currently logged in and if you are not able to assign the permission than you need to click on the 'Advanced' tab under the security column and replace the owner and apply the settings.
Once done then again select the files and press "shift+delete" key and the virus will be deleted from your system. after that scan your system your issue will be fixed.

Let me know
but find autorun.inf and/or recycle from where?...what "hidden files"?....I have looked through the whole computer and can not find it so can you please show me how to find those hidden files. I'm using xp pro
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 31, 2010 at 04:35 PM
Dear Confused,

Since you cannot find it please look and delete the following:

Delete the following system registry key:
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netsvcs]
Delete "%System%\.dll" from the system registry key value shown below:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost]
"netsvcs"
Reboot the computer.
Delete the original worm file (the location will depend on how the program originally penetrated your machine).

Delete copies of the worm:
%System%\dir.dll
%Program Files%\Internet Explorer\.dll
%Program Files%\Movie Maker\.dll
%All Users Application Data%\.dll
%Temp%\.dll
%System%\tmp
%Temp%\.tmp
is a random string of symbols.

Delete the files shown below from all removable storage media:
:\autorun.inf
:\RECYCLER\S---%d%>-%d%>-%d%>-%d%>-%d%>\.vmx,

Sometimes using the search tool may be useful.