Ask a question Report

Ethernet Controller driver missing [Solved/Closed]

Reboot of XP home - cannot connect to dsl - missing driver - Latest answer on Oct 19, 2009 02:51AM
Hello,
I have recently had a virus. re-installed my windows xp application only to find out that i cannot connect to the internet due to " ethernet controller driver not found "??????? I have been trying to download drivers - etc for TWO WEEKS..PLEASE HELP!!
Motleymh
Read more 
Answer
+111
moins plus
All these replies urging us to go to a website and download an updated ethernet controller driver are useless because you can't even access the internet without the ethernet controller, unless you have a second PC already hooked up to work with the internet, then make a copy of the ethernet driver, and then copy it onto the original PC to get it acces the intenet. Most people may have to go to a computer repair store and ask if they can buy the ethernet controller driver for their OS and PC on a CD or flashdrive, or instead, but an external Ehternet controller device and connect it to your PC via USB.

shakmun- May 1, 2009 05:04PM
tell them like it is Tony, it doesn't make any sense if you can't get connected.
Answer
+42
moins plus
I re-install my computer and Ethernet controller is missing, My computer is hp D530, and I'm using Window Xp professional

Answer
+20
moins plus
I had the same problem, and I have been searching for some hours now, but I fix it on my laptop. The device seams to be an "atheros ar5005g". I have a Satellite A100 (PSAA2) and I installed the "Atheros Wireless LAN Adapter" from this page:

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

AND I UP AND RUNNING :-))))))))))))

Answer
+9
moins plus
If you have a usb connector you can use that.
Once its recognized as hardware to install you'll
be able to connect to the internet & look for your
drivers. I had a similar situation and was able to
find all xp drivers except the ethernet for gateway.
At the moment I don't need it though. It takes a
while to make it show up on your pc, but in your
case im sure you'll be fine trying that out

Answer
+7
moins plus
Hello,

sir i want ethernet controller driver for acer aspire 4720z laptop.
please help me.

PASE- Feb 17, 2009 02:05AM
MY ACER ASPIRE 4530 ETHERNET AND NVIDIA VGA IS NOT INSTALL I NEED THE DRIVERS
vanillarustvanillarust- Jul 16, 2009 11:32PM
I have an Acer 4720z. I have the same problem. No drivers for net controller anywhere. I even bought the so-called restore discs. They have no drivers on them. What a waste. I called ACER, they were so rude. My advice, throw it away and warn your friends. Acer is made by e machine. NEVER buy another.
Answer
+5
moins plus
what brand and model computer?

tomxx- Mar 19, 2009 04:19PM
latitude d400
Ariel- Mar 23, 2009 05:50PM
Go to dell.com, scroll to bottom click on drivers and downloads. Click on model. Enter your model information. Download the driver under network and or communication.
mimo- Aug 21, 2009 08:59AM
acer aspire 5930g
priyanshu- Aug 25, 2009 05:07AM
i have install windows xp nd install the ethernet driver.But next day the lan is connect mean( lan conntivety )tho aha rahi hai magar jo kuch network pa hai wo nahi ah raha maen (the system is not ping my server and any other client and other client ping this system) so the resert the machine the ping is come nd network is fine n ok.
how can solve this problem
razman- Oct 11, 2009 04:53AM
how can i get the ethernet driver for my hp d530 .please solved my problem
Answer
+5
moins plus
hi all i have the same problem too i got my ethernet controller driver missing after my windows xp installation..
my laptop model is TOSHIBA SATELLITE J12 but i cannot find the drivers in the toshiba website support can anyone help me with this?its the reason i cannot update my computer because it cant detect the ethernet connection...pls help me...

Answer
+5
moins plus
Hello
I have the Ethernet drivers for the following:

* Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
* This driver is when you missing the driver in you Acer Aspire 5610

http://support.euro.dell.com/...

ENJOY

Answer
+4
moins plus
First find the web site for the motherboard manufacturer. You should find the drivers you need within the "support" tab.

Good Luck

Answer
+2
moins plus
I have exactly the same problem as in original post. My model is Acer Aspire 4720z. Please help.

Answer
+2
moins plus
thanks u

Answer
+2
moins plus
same problem here. my model is toshiba satellite a105. plz help me out!!!

Answer
+2
moins plus
I had to reinstall WinXP for a MPC D865GLC. I have a second computer in which to download the correct driver. Help greatly appreciated...

Answer
+1
moins plus
If you have a usb connector cable you can use that.
Once its recognized as hardware to install you'll
be able to connect to the internet & look for your
drivers. I had a similar situation and was able to
find all xp drivers except the ethernet for gateway.
At the moment I don't need it though. It takes a
while to make it show up on your pc, but in your
case im sure you'll be fine trying that out

Answer
+1
moins plus
Guys,

I did some digging, and the ethernet controller is not a device, there is an adapter (probably wireless) that needs a driver. Lavalys' program Everest will tell you who makes the wireless adapter in your pc. If you can figure out who makes the wireless adapter on your own just install the drivers for it. Remember an "ethernet controller" is not a device, it is a general useless description of a problem.

Answer
+0
moins plus
i have a windows vista and all of a sudden my pc wont connect to the internet either i cant go online to download drivers because it wont connect to the internet its a compaq presario and its a vista

Samurai- Jul 23, 2009 10:24AM
I have the same problem that you had. I have a Compaq Presario SR2010NX. I reformatted my HD and installed XP Pro SP2, and there is no ethernet controller, also PCI Controller, Video controller. Were you able to get the problem resolved, if so, please tell me what to do on this. TIA
Answer
+0
moins plus
ethernet controller driver is missing. I have asus eee pc. where can I downlaod it? please help me if you can

Answer
+0
moins plus
Have to tried the Atheros Wireless LAN Adapter drivers?

Answer
+0
moins plus
yes ive already tried that one sir but i cant install the ethernet controller stuff.. T_T

Answer
+0
moins plus
I ordered the "Recovery Discs" from Acer, then found out they don't recover. Acer doesn't put the drivers on. So much for recovery. Anyway, I got on another PC, download a copy of Black XP, installed and it's working just fine. Acer, Gateway and e-Machine are all made by the same companny. I'd suggest never buying any of their GARBAGE!! If you call, they are extremely rude and as long as they got your money, they're done with you!! No help whatsoever.

1 2 Next
This document entitled « Ethernet Controller driver missing » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.