Internet,when a || line is taken,is a problem

Solved/Closed
helloguys - Aug 15, 2010 at 11:43 AM
 helloguys - Aug 16, 2010 at 08:28 AM
Hello,
I thought of taking a parallel line to my main line of bsnl landline. then i thought of connecting it to the modem and getting internet. so i just peeled the insulation and took a parallel connection and connected the necessary things and bla ..bla... but i get the internet only in the main connection. why is that so? can someone help me????? please tell me where i am going wrong....
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM
EVERYTHING! The internet is is not about a direct physical connection. You need a router to establish a LOGICAL connection with a different internet address for each device. See this site for more information:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-set-up-a-network-4097198

Good Luck
i , sort of, get the picture. but i took a parallel line is taken from the same line(using , of course, blades and insulation and stuff). It is like everything is same except where i sit for browsing. so there i need no necessity to route the modem and that even i get the data light, dsl link light and guess what, in dns router website( i.e.192.168.1.1 in d address bar and bla bla) says- status is PPP UP and shows right ip address next to it. but only i cant browse the net. so everything is same only that the place where i sit is diff and i dont get the net......
thanks anyway for the other website. but keep in mind it is the same wires, same modem, same laptop same everything , only diff place and still no internet