Can't get connected wired or wireless

Closed
Stacey - Aug 12, 2010 at 05:48 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Aug 20, 2010 at 07:31 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if you might be able to assist me please?
I am not able to get an internet connection (on any search engine MSIE, FF, Safari) on my laptop either wired or wireless. This just started today. I have Vista Home SP2. I have done the following and no go

ipconfig returned ip address
released and renewed
flushed dns
turned off firewall
created a new windows account
booted in safe mode with networking
moved network connection to the top
deleted the network connection and recreated
checked LAC all good
checked network connections under IE
I can ping fully qualified host and ip
tried a restore point
network adapter seems fine because I can ping

I am trying to think of what else I did...I did just about everything I know but to no avail.

What do you think could be the problem? Might I have a virus?

This problem has me baffled.

Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You...

Stacey

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 20, 2010 at 01:40 PM
Hi there,

Open your device manager and check if all the drivers are still there or have been mistakenly removed from system also ping your nic card in command line,ping 127.0.0.1 and give your feedback for further help.

Thanks
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Aug 20, 2010 at 07:31 PM
Try following:

- Log on to router management page, check the Internet connection status and ensure it's connected to Internet successfully.

- Scan your computer with antivirus/anti-malware program (with latest signature).

- Use nslookup to try resolving domain name, see whether it works. If not, there is problem on your DNS servers. You can then try to configure following free DNS servers provided by OpenDNS on computer, and test again.

- You can also try this ping tool to troubleshoot the network problem as needed.

Hope this helps.