322 error using linksys

Closed
Cris - Aug 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM
 Cris - Aug 12, 2010 at 03:09 AM
Hello,

seem to go crazy here, my problem goes like this: i bought a linksys on May 2010 and installed it on my desktop and worked fine on both desktop and my laptop, on July i disconnected the router(but not uninstalled) due to some circumstances and 2 weeks passed and now i tried connecting it, it won't work anymore on my desktop. I tried to uninstall and re-install to no avail.

the router seemed working fine on laptop but not on my desktop, seeing all cables and whatnots firmly connected, i dont know what seems to be the problem..i tried setting the ip manually and i'd be connected as the status indicated but can't browse on the internet.

pls help..thanks :)
Related:

5 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 11, 2010 at 07:23 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1)Right click on "Internet Explorer" icon --->click on "Properties" ---> Click on

"Connections" tab--> Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all

the options, if you notice any option selected--->Click on OK---> Click on OK.

If the problem still exists, go to step 2.

2) Make sure that IP address and DNS server was set to obtain the address

automatically .

Click on Start --> In search bar type ncpa.cpl and press "Enter".

Right click on your LAN icon icon if you are using wired or Right click on your

wireless icon ---> Select "Properties" ---> scroll down and double click on

"Internet Protocol[TCP/IP]" . Make sure that

"Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

options are selected.

3) Click on Start --> In search bar type devmgmt.msc and press "Enter". Type this

command.

ipconfig /all and press enter.

Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers

are having addresses.

4) Check your firewall.

Good Luck.
thanks jack4all for replying

i tried all the suggestions you said to no avail, i might add that when connecting the internet directly to my desktop everything is fine but just that when i am using the router, the desktop doesnt recognize tthe router at all and just giving me the 169XXX ip which i know is a problem. so i cant even set the router on my pc. as ive said, the laptop is getting the signal and can connect so its not the router.
thanks jack4all for replying

i tried all the suggestions you said to no avail, i might add that when connecting the internet directly to my desktop everything is fine but just that when i am using the router, the desktop doesnt recognize tthe router at all and just giving me the 169XXX ip which i know is a problem. so i cant even set the router on my pc. as ive said, the laptop is getting the signal and can connect so its not the router.
just an update..i re-installed my OS hoping to solve the problem and still no :(
how can i even set the router if they wont let me on in the first place...
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 11, 2010 at 04:15 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Check your firewall settings.

2) Click on the below link and download the file

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/5/0/F5036E5B-A675-441F-AED9-57F9E1E9470F/MicrosoftFixit50199.msi

Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions.

Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hey thanks again, but still not working...

i tested the router by turning off the wireless on the laptop and used the cable to connect to it and it worked, so its my desktop thats havin a problem, i dont know if i have corrupted devices or what. and i don't have any idea how to check.
my desktop is working fine if i connect the internet directly to it.