My computer keeps freezing

Solved/Closed
jayy - Dec 9, 2008 at 01:31 AM
 linutzu - Jan 10, 2013 at 09:30 PM
Hello,

Everytime I start windows XP & log into my settings, My computer freezes & I have to go into safe mode. I have no clue why & have done numerous scans for viruses, spyware, etc. I have come up with nothing. If anyone can tell me why its doing this & how to stop it without spending money that would be awesome. I really need the help as a I am a college student & most of my work is on this computer. I can't afford it to be crashing before next semester starts.
Please reply with help ASAP.

- JAYY.
Related:

25 responses

jayyyy Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2008
Dec 9, 2008 at 03:23 PM
Well like it started one time & then it didn't freeze but then like 2 minutes later a blue screen popped up and said we are shutting down wndows XP because we have encountered a problem. It was like saying its shutting down so no further damage is done.
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 9, 2008 at 03:44 PM
Alright, well if you want to figure out what the error is, you can go to Start>Right click on My Computer>Properties> Advanced tab up top> Startup and Recovery Settings> System Failure> Uncheck Automatically Restart.

But when the error pops up next time, write down what it says, and then shut the power off manually. (Hold down the power button till it powers down.) Leaving it on too long while there is an error may cause damage, depending on the error.
jayyyy Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2008 > TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011
Dec 22, 2008 at 04:52 PM
Okay now will that work in SAFE mode because right now that is th eonly setting my computer can function on. Whenever I start the computer & I go to click on my settings. it freezes as its loading & there is nothing I can do.
I've been working in safemode for the past 2 or 3 weeks.
sam > jayyyy Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2008
Jan 27, 2009 at 03:34 PM
hi mate, ive got exactly the same problem!! I run on windows vista and I can log on fine everytime, but as soon as my home screen appears and I got to click start or an icon... it freezes!! I then hold the power button down and back on and into safe mode!! That way I can go on the internet etc!!! Help for this would be greatly appreciated!!!
I am having the same proble. Everytime I click on My Computer or anything that has to go through there it freezes and says not responding. Did you ever find out how to fix that?
Marlone > jayyyy Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2008
Sep 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Did you installed anything before the problem strikes? if you did, that might be the source. if you can go to safe mode, try uninstalling it there. sometimes game mods does this. if I didn't answer your problem, well, sorry because I am searching solutions for my computer too.. peace out.
i have the same problem. It's on safe mode right now with very limited accessibility. It is now on a state where I can get to transfer files from laptop to a portable hard drive. The previous access on safe mode freezes whenever I try to open or attach anything. So I'm not restarting until I get all the files that I need. I'm stumped if this is a hardware problem, virus problem or something might just be corrupt. Last thing I recall is having something popped up saying I have to restart for the updates to take effect but the balloon seemed larger than normal come to think of it. Since then I can no longer access windows on regular mode. It freezes as 1-2 minutes after or whenever everything loads. It's Windows 7 ultimate 32bit by the way on a vaio fw series.
Reformat your hard drive that should fix the problem
formatting your PC solves the problem I had the same problem too

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
nsddbncfjbsdfwebfj
Mar 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM
first of all y don't u just grab yur computer and just smash it over your grandmas head, then everyones happy