Graphics card problem?

Closed
Kiwi1990 - Dec 8, 2008 at 03:22 AM
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 - Dec 8, 2008 at 05:18 AM
Hello,

I am having problems with my monitor. When I turn my computer the message no video output is displayed on my screen. I tried several different monitors, monitor leads and I couldnt seem to get it to work. I then gave up and took it to a computer shop and they plugged it in and it worked immediatley. I then took it home and plugged it in again and it worked for about a week and now I can't seem to get it to work again as the same message is displayed. I am currently not at home so cant tell you what my graphics card is etc.

Can anyone please please please help?

Thanks
Tom
Related:

2 responses

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 04:25 AM
This sounds astoundingly simple, but most shop's I've seen tend to show a lack of care...I mean "tough love" when connecting things to ports because they do that all day.

Try giving it a little tough love when connecting it, and making sure the leads are screwed in tight.

Another option is to buy another cheap graphics card if it's not for gaming, as they don't get too expensive for cheap ones.
well I have tried that but will try again when I get home. I use the PC for gaming so maybe not buy a new graphics card.. I have taken the shell off the PC and looked at the ports to see an visible damage and there is none. it even has two ports for a monitor and neither of them seem to work.. I consider myself quite good with PCs and literally have no idea what to do :s
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 05:18 AM
Wow, this is a tough one.

I can't think of what changes it would make from one monitor to another.

Except age/native resolution, and maybe the pins themselves. Thicker or slightly differently align pins may clean crud out of the connecting port.

Now I'm just throwing things out there.

I'm really sorry.