Help with Outlook 2007

Solved/Closed
chlanno Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 - Dec 7, 2008 at 06:46 PM
 vigie - Nov 24, 2010 at 07:16 AM
Hello,

I have been using MSOutlook 2007 for several months and had two email accounts I had been using that were forwarded via a business website I have hosted with domain.com. All had been working fine.

I just started a job and they had me load MSExchange email for Outlook...I foillowed the instructions and now when I open Outlook on my laptop, it prompts me for the exchange login and I can access my new account. The old accounts are not available. I've tried not logging in to the excahge email, but still no old accounts.

any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers
Related:

3 responses

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 02:57 AM
You may need to re-setup your accounts after that. In all it's rather simple to set up POP3 mail accounts, so it's not a hassle considering you really seem to want to access those mails regularly.

So I suggest you try to set them up as additional accounts, and if it denies you let me know and we'll find another solution.
chlanno Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008
Dec 8, 2008 at 08:20 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I did set up the account again in exchange and had a couple of issues:

1st, I had hoped to keep this account seperate, the ms outlook test email came to my "exchange account" and I cannot seem to figure out how to seperate the two accounts...

2nd, the email history is not available, I had accounts in Business Contact Manager set up and linked to that Outlook account

Thanks again for your help and any suggestions
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 09:52 PM
You can set it up to where email FROM different email accounts or from different senders go to certain folders.

I suggest that you make a folder for your seperate emails, or you could get accustomed to looking up top quickly to see where it was sent to.

I personally have multiple accounts going into mine, and just set up folders for people who email me. A folder for friends and subfolder for each one, and they are delivered to their seperate folders with notifications next to them when there is a new message in it.

I pretty much don't care who sends what where personally and am more concerned with checking certain sender's emails more frequently, but your situation probably differs.

I hope this helps!
it help thanK you!!! have awonderful holidays