Offshore training-review

Closed
regimond - Jun 29, 2010 at 04:02 AM
kelloggj Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2010 - Jul 1, 2010 at 04:51 AM
am a mechanical Engineer with strong affinity for programming. I have been developing application with MS Access but want to migrate to MS SQL SERVER. Advice me on the best certification for SQL Server.I am planning to do the training during my holidays.How about offshore training?? If everything seems right, I intend to take my family with me during the training.

1 response

kelloggj Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2010
Jul 1, 2010 at 04:51 AM
I had your same question a few months ago. I worked with Microsoft Sharepoint Services and off the self Information Management application, but wanted to get into Server Management. I am a US overseas contractor, and did some research to see what would be the best option training overseas or in the US. I was looking for a facility that provided Comptia and Microsoft courses all in the same place. My areas of interest were Comptia A+, Network+, Server+, and MCITP:Enterprise Administrator. After much research I decided on Koenig Solutions, a Microsoft Certified Training Partner and Prometric/Vue certified testing center in India. I am very pleased with the decision of using and overseas testing center.

The first attraction was the fact that I could create my own schedule. I picked the courses I wanted, they made the schedule to fit me I did not have to wait until they were available with the center. Second, I opted for the one-on-one trainer for each course. I wanted to learn at my speed and not potential be in a class with people who already knew the subject matter. My instructor was knowledgeable and skilled in each area equally. Koenig Solutions teaches with all the lasted courseware and applications need in each area. I received detailed hands on experience in each area.

Also the experience of taking these courses in India was remarkable. All my accommodations where provided for by the school in the cost of tuition (lodging, food, transportation to and from airport, etc). After thorough research I did not find a comparable training opportunity available in the U.S. Not only is overseas training experience much more cost effective, they provide scheduling flexibility, they manage every detail from time of registration on through to training testing and ensuring you get back to your final destination safely. I have also met many IT professionals from all around the world while attending this training, which proved that overseas technology training is an option used and respected by IT professionals around the world.

I would highly recommend putting serious thought into this option. I was very happy with the experience I had with Koenig Solutions. You should reseach and see what organization would provide the best experience for you.